The beginning of the fall season
was the first time I saw it. It was the morning of the day of my school’s
Homecoming dance. The way the sun shined and warmed my insides let me know that
the day was going to go well. I woke up at 7:00a.m. because I’m in
Student Council and we had to be in the school’s gym to decorate by 8:30a.m.
Slightly sleepy, I went through my normal preparations of getting ready
for the day. I ate a small breakfast then headed out the door. I got on the
Ashland bus, which would take me directly to Whitney Young. I often fall asleep
on the bus because I’m exhausted from school but that morning my eyes weren't very tired.
Since most of my friends weren’t awake that
early on a Saturday morning my phone was of no use to me. There was nothing
else to do except drop in on other people’s conversation or gaze out the
window. I managed to incorporate both into one activity to pass the time. The people
next to me were talking about a man’s blue jacket. They discussed how nice it
looked and the cheap price. They also mentioned how warm it was, which made it
good for the changing season. The bus came to a stop as it ran into slow
traffic. My eyes gazed the outsides. I saw scattered leaves on the sidewalk
moving in the wind. That’s when I saw…it. The most beautiful scene of nature
you could come by in the middle of a city. The mother trees to all the loose
leaves on the sidewalk were going through their seasonal changes. The leaves on
them shed the traditional green color and had taken on an array of oranges,
reds, and purples. It was bouquet perfectly set to inaugurate the season. The
sun embraced the colors and highlighted their brightness even more. It was
impossible not the see the beautiful color.
It was a scene that couldn’t be
duplicated by any pair of crayons and coloring book. I couldn’t take my eyes off of
them but my gaze soon had to be ripped away as the traffic cleared and the bus
began to move. The colorful leaves were now behind me. I was left in awe. A
little disappointment sunk in me because I didn’t take a picture but the sight
of the bright colors brightened up my day a little more. Something so beautiful
seemed to slow down time in such a fast paced city. The colors were even more
beautiful than the young ladies’ dresses at the Homecoming dance. ;-)
(437 words)
(437 words)
No comments:
Post a Comment